Tuesday 23 February 2010

Wow, it's been a while...

I haven't blogged for a long time!

Well Olympic lifting is going well(ish). I had my first competition in August (London and South East Under 18s Championships) and got a total of 85k, and a bronze medal. My second comp was in Birmingham (Warley Open) and again came 3rd, with 97kgs. My third comp was the British Under 18s Weightlifting Championships in Kilwinning, Scotland, and I got 98kg total and a bronze cup. I then had the London Opens in December and got a 100kg total and silver!

My latest competition was this weekend, in Lilleshall, and it didn't go as well as the others! I entered at 41kg snatch, which was OK, then I failed my next 2 lifts! (45kg). Clean and Jerk was slightly better, I got 55kg and 59kg but failed 61kg. This was very disappointing as I had done 45kg and 60kg in training and I was hoping to get new PBs. However, I still got bronze, beating 2 other girls in my 69kg BW category!

I will try and keep you updated more often from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment