Thursday 25 February 2010

Today's training

Today I tried something different, which was recommended by someone who started talking to me on Facebook: I did a practice competition. So I warmed up as usual, then had a few minutes break, then did 3 of each lift, as I would in a competition. The idea is that it gets me psychologically prepared for competitions, so that I am less nervous when it comes to the real thing. Sadly it didn't go as well as I hoped. I snatched 40, 42 then failed 45. Then clean and jerked 55, and failed 57 twice! Giving me a total of 97! Rubbish! I hope I get back on form soon!

3 comments:

  1. I started lifting last September and I'm in a similar place to you - PR is 43kg snatch and 55kg clean & jerk. I definitely think it's important to practice heavy lifts and get used to it for competition. I've clean 60kg and jerked 60kg but can't seem to put it together. Good luck and keep at it - I will follow your blog. I also write about weightlifting sometimes and have vids on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops - accidentally posted that comment with my work account - this is me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! It's great to know there are other people
    in the same position!

    Last September? 2009? Wow, that's very quick! Did you do any other sports before?

    Will be sure to check out your blog :)

    ReplyDelete