Saturday 23 October 2010

Update from Leeds

Hello all! It has been a while because I haven't done any weightlifting in over a month!! I moved to Leeds in September to start university, and have really struggled to find a gym, which was particularly depressing since the Commonwealth games have been on since I've been here and its sad to watch them all doing so well while I'm losing muscle by the day. My uni has no weightlifting facilities but I've just managed to join the weightlifting club at Leeds Met uni, and had my first training session yesterday. I arrived at the club to see Helen Jewell training, who was at the Commonwealth games the other week! Sadly I was not training with her and her coach, but with the rugby lads and weightlifters from Leeds Met. Their coach, Alex, seems very competent though and he had some good tips. I only lifted very light weights though as this was my first training session back in a while. I have the British Under 18s championships next Saturday so it is now a race to try to improve a bit by then!! I will let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment