Sunday 18 April 2010

Training with Zoe Smith!

On Monday Rob (coach 2) and I were driven to Kent by John (coach 1!) where we spent a couple of hours training with Zoe Smith! The British champ! She's a real inspiration. She's 15 and can lift more than men twice her age! To give you an idea of how strong she is - I can C&J 62.5kg and she can C&J 110kg!! I learnt a lot from watching her and she was very encouraging. She is off to Spain in a couple of weeks for ANOTHER international competition, but she is still coming to the British Juniors next week to watch and cheer everyone else on! While training with her I managed to snatch 50kg again, and got a total of 110kg.

The rest of training this week hasn't been quite as successful. My totals haven't been very high, and I only have 2 training sessions until the British Junior Championships next Saturday! Will let you know how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. It's great to read that you are encouraged by Zoe - in spite of her age.

    I know it's not quite the same but up at my local Social Club there's a young lad called Jordan - Jordy for short. He has just won the U25 darts championship for the region... he's 14!

    Some of the older members of the Club play him and get really pi**ed off when he beats them. Yet, I just try to learn from him (even though I am 26 years older).

    ReplyDelete